Sunday, July 13, 2008

CCU to JFK... could have been better!

It feels good to be on ground, and I don't mean it in some metaphorical way; I mean it literally and you will believe me if you have been flying for 22 hours straight, with a small break of 2 hours in the middle, i think, only to remind you that you are a human and not some alien scanning the Earth and looking for the perfect spot to attack! But frankly, Lufthansa did not impress me much.
At the Kolkata airport, the lady at the check-in counter started quizzing me as if she was an Immigration Officer... "Business or pleasure? Where will you stay? For how long?" First I thought she was just trying to be friendly, but when she asked me to show her my offer document, I thought it was very strange and beyond normal levels of inquiry at a check-in counter. Still, I was glad that my luggage was within the weight limit and hence, did not care for the FBI level investigation.
The air hostesses were cold and definitely not beautiful. Some of them looked like men, with their strong German jaws and 6 feet plus body sizes! And they had their hair done in piggy tails, which reminded me of the "always ready to fight" women of Gaul. The situation was exacerbated further in the second leg of the flight when a fat German kid had happily taken my window seat and, I guess, was looking forward to enjoying the view. However, I pointed out to him very blatantly that that was not going to happen ( I practice being aggressive everywhere nowadays ;)). Then began our cold war... the 'elbow pushing' in the common hand-rest, the deliberate 'waking the other person to go to toilet every half an hour' (that was me!)... and the rest. However, I could find no response to his master weapon, his body odor! Yuck! I had moved so away from him, the pilot could easily have mistaken me to be sitting outside the plane! Yet, I would not budge from my seat and finally tasted success when the kid moved to some other seat. Yes, he got a window seat elsewhere but this should not take anything away from my victory! Anyway, without any more incidents, the flight was finally over I was overjoyed to feel the bright sun, once again, shine on me!

4 comments:

Megha said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
UD said...

i just hope that the german kid also writes a blog n i find it by some stroke of luck to read his side of the story

Anonymous said...

It would be the same thing except this time it would be a thin Indian kid in the story. :P

Mastram said...

.. and also he wud say, sat next to really smart indian kid... who had muscles like arnold and looked like keanu reeves ;)