Thursday, August 21, 2008

Colors!

First of all, let me clarify that although I have learnt to spell "Colours" with a 'u', I just thought right now that Colors looks more symmetric and beautiful, hence the name of the post! Moving on...I have this important exam tomorrow, which incidentally also marks the culmination of my training! Yippiee! Yet, even though I am buried under a thousand slides on Range Accruals, Digital Options, Reverse Floaters and what not, here I am writing this post because I know that I will not be able to get back to my studies until I have penned this idea down! It all started when I thought about colors while I was reading (actually flipping incessantly) the slides on Quanto Swaps. Don't ask me how this thought came into my head but there I was, sitting on my couch and thinking what colors I liked and what I didn't. Then, I imagined a woman in saree. I guess I should not say woman, because then it feels like I imagined a middle-aged woman (duh!), I actually imagined a slim and trim girl, say in her early twenties, in a saree and I started thinking what color would suit her. .. Conscience attack.. back to slides!
1 minute later

Wow! Just when I am trying to get my mind off colors, I have to read the slides on Rainbow Options!!! Aargh!
15 minutes later
I am sick of swaps already! Seems like straight lines are entering from one year and wiggly lines are leaving from the other (that's the classic way to show swaps!). Anyway, I was talking about how I thought of sarees. I love sarees and I also feel that a girl can look much more beautiful and hot in a saree than in any top and jeans. Then I reflected a little on what comes to my mind when I see a girl in a saree of a particular color. Then I thought, why limit myself to just sarees and girls, let me devise a game for myself where I will also jot down the first thing that comes to my mind when I think of any color. Before reading further, I urge you to kindly take a pencil/pen and write down the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear of these colors and also what you would think if you saw someone of the opposite sex in clothes of the the following color and then maybe we could compare and contrast! ;) While you go look for a pencil/pen, let me read a few more slides! :)
10 minutes later
Here goes...
BLACK:
What do I think when I see a girl in such a saree: Beautiful, Gorgeous!
First thing that came to my mind: Manhole!!(atleast it proves that it WAS the first thing and that I didn't cheat!)
WHITE:
What do I think when I see a girl in such a saree: Princess, Angelic!
First thing that comes to my mind: Surf (Hmmm.. something wrong with my head. I blame it squarely on the exotic options! Let me try again...)
Second thing that comes to my mind : Clouds (Aha! Much better! Although this did come from a comparision of keds shoes with clouds elsewhere, but who cares!)
RED:
What do I think when I see a girl in such a saree: Simply...Hot!
First thing that comes to my mind: Mirchi (Not the powder but the long slender ones. Might have some connection with the earlier thought of a hot girl in a red saree!)
BLUE:
What do I think when I see a girl in such a saree: Calm, Composed!
First thing that comes to my mind: Sky (Nature freak??)
GREEN:
What do I think when I see a girl in such a saree: Euwwww!
First thing that comes to my mind: Algea!! (Not good, must give another shot!)
Second thing that comes to my mind: Frog! (Crap! There are leaves and trees all around! That proves it! Sorry Mother Nature, but I am sure I don't like the color green!)
PURPLE:
What do I think when I see a girl in such a saree: Exotic, Daring! :)
First thing that comes to my mind: a Flower (this one has significance :))
Okay, what other colors are left? Ahh, I can see Orange in front of me..
ORANGE:
What do I think when I see a girl in such a saree: Homely :)
First thing that comes to my mind: Orange table cloth (How do you think I thought of Orange in the first place? :P)
As usual, the second thing that comes to my mind: The Orange part in the Indian Flag! (Well well, I don't know why I have been so unfair to the white or green part in it, but hey, I am really playing lightning rounds here!) :)
I guess this is enough for now. Although this post is far from over, I should rather ensure that I pass the test tomorrow than spend more time on this. If you enjoy reading this, do let me know your results and pray that I pass my test with flying colors! :)

7 comments:

Megha said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Fugitive said...

Too complicated a game for me :)

The indian flag is saffron dude :P

Fugitive said...

Ur writing's evolving with every post...keep writing

Mastram said...

@Megha: hehe, exam was grey! ;) look frwd to ur e mail :D!!!

@fugitive: Nunni.. r u a girl?? cos only they know saffron and mauve and lilac :P

Mastram said...

@fugitive: also, pls elaborate on how u think my writing is evolving? :P

Fugitive said...

Black - poetry, night
White - Piles of white cloth; chocolates; kittens

Green- Green grass all around as far as the eye can see; steppes and wild horses running]

Purple - flashy purple shirts

Red - Blood, T-shirts
Orange - Candy

Mastram said...

What kind of chocolates r white dude???